Milbemax Cat Tablets are for the treatment and control of adult and immature roundworm (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina),adult and immature hookworm (Ancylostoma tubaeforme) and tapeworm (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia sp.) and prevention of heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis) in cats over 6 weeks of age and 500g in bodyweight.
Dosage and Administration
Milbemax tablets should be given by mouth according to bodyweight as follows:
- 0.5 to 1.0 kg – Give ½ Milbemax tablet for Small Cats (milbemycin oxime 4mg, praziquantel 10 mg)
- >1.0 to 2.0 kg – Give 1 Milbemax tablet for Small Cats
- >2.0 to 4.0 kg – Give ½ Milbemax tablet for Cats (milbemycin oxime 16 mg, praziquantel 40 mg)
- >4.0 to 8.0 kg – Give 1 Milbemax tablet for Cats
- >8.0 to 12 kg – Give 1 ½ Milbemax tablet for Cats
Do not use the tablets for small cats in cats of less than 6 weeks of age and/or weighing less than 0.5 kg. Do not use the tablets for cats in cats weighing less than 2 kg. Can be used in breeding animals including toms and pregnant and lactating queens. For control of gastrointestinal worms – treat at 6, 8, and 12 weeks of age then every three months. Lactating queens should be treated at the same time as their kittens. Adult cats should be treated every three months. Heartworm prevention – administer every month, preferably on the same date. If monthly interval is missed, administer immediately and resume normal monthly dosing schedule.